Tuesday, April 7, 2009

House!

Fans of the TV show House are sort of "huh?" this week about a very random plot twist, that to me, newly aware that suicides happen more in the spring, seems like a brilliant public health intervention....

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2009/04/08/2009-04-08_house_suicide_of_kal_penn_sparks_a_buzz_.html


I checked out some of the fake memorial site and while most of it is "this show is really getting stupid" (probably the adults who should be working instead of posting on fake memorial sites) there was a fair bit of "wow, I never really thought about someone seemingly normal committing suicide." (mostly written in earnest teenager speak)

It's a fictional discussion that's happening *exactly* when it should be happening.

I was thinking about the love-hate relationship people have with House and how most of the fans I know are 1) people who in real life possess a high tolerance for the misanthropic brilliant and 2) the real-life misanthropic brilliant.

Both key groups to reach in preventing "All the shit goes down in April."

No comments: