Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Baffled by Olympics

One thing that is so confusing to me right now is how conservative were GLEEFUL that the US didn't get the bid to host the olympics. Now, I don't really give a rats ass about sports. But there is an economic boost and a patriotic surge that goes with this honor. How can you be against it?

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2009/10/03/roland-martin-is-a-moron/


Note this quote and it's logic:

"To be clear, I root for America, therefore I root against Barack Obama. "

Now, I agree, I definitely did not like George Bush. I did not like that we started a war in country that was no threat to us, while simultaneously trying to fight a war against a country that *did* attack us.

Not wanting war does not mean not supporting troops. That's something conservatives can't every seem to understand.

Further more:

Opposition to war means: I don't want troops or innocent civilians to have their lives disrupted, harmed or ended.

Opposition to US getting Olympics or the economy improving means: I don't want my country to have the economic prestige and honor of hosting a peaceful international event. I want my fellow Americans to continue to be unemployed, lose their housing and struggle to get food in food pantries.

Seriously?

1 comment:

Laurie K said...

I agree that is sucks for conservatives to be gleeful that we didn't get the Olympics in order to hurt Obama, but I am glad we didn't get the Olympics because I was pretty sure it was actually going to hurt Chicago, financially, and displace a lot of poor people.

Although I might have gotten an El line to my house. Ah well, c'est la vie.