Thursday, September 25, 2008

Blame Me When The Hoovervilles Come.....

So Zephyr called me last Sunday ranting about the bailout and I sheepishly admitted that I didn't actually understand how much $700 billion dollars is. I am a numbers idiot. I can barely tell time. A Sudanese cab driver was yelling at me tonight for not being able to do simple addition in my head.

And Z wrote this:
http://www.techpresident.com/blog/entry/30280/how_much_is_700_billion

I wish I could take credit for the McDonalds Apple Pie analogy, but that's actually because she was looking for a vegan alternative to America's more typical unit of measurement -- the Big Mac.

Then I'm watching Daily Show Tuesday night and Jon Stewart mocks the media's coverage of explaining the number and ...sure enough!!! CNN used the McDonalds Apple Pie Analogy:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/index.jhtml?episodeId=185193

I sent about a dozen emails to my legislators and friends and I've received about 20 emails on the same topic. It looks like we might actually stop this thing. Which I hope is the right decision -- it's scary stuff either way.

Now about that butterfly flapping its wings in Bora Bora or Prague or whatever.....

No comments: