Thursday, August 28, 2008

Chuck D Wants Universal Health Care!

We went to a health event yesterday sponsored by Families USA and SEIU. We heard Govs. Strickland, Patrick, Rendell and Sens. Daschle and Clinton. I'm all about health reform, so of course I loved it. Afterwards there was a rally in a park with Jim Hightower, Ben Gibbard ad Chris Walla from Death Cab for Cutie, Devotchka and Chuck D.

The wonky women telling the wonky room about the rally said "I believe Chuck D is a very good DJ here in Denver."

Which made me wonder, wait, is this not *the* Chuck D? My friend Phil said Public Enemy was giving free concert last night in Boulder, so indeed it was Chuck D. Apparently health wonks, much like my dog Capone, are just not fond of Public Enemy.

Anyhow, I missed the rally because I got last minute credentials to the Pepsi Center.

No comments: