OK, first of all. How cool would it have been if Obama had introduced Biden by saying he was very “clean and articulate.”
My horoscope for the month of August said all the usual stuff about love and money blah blah blah ….“Whatever you do, do not travel on August 23rd. You’ll be met only with gloom and epic disaster.”
Sure enough I get to the airport by 9am and am greeted with all the usual airline horror story stuff. It loooked grim. But it all worked out and I made it to Denver. Yay!
Watched the Denver airport luggage belt for an hour and had that pit in my stomach. Will have to wear uncute shirt and flip flops all week. I went to luggage place and was greeted with “Are you Jennifer? We have this random suitcase…” Yay!
Get to car rental place and am told “you’re on our “Do Not Rent” list.” The District of Columbia is in cahoots with car rental companies and they think I owe them some silly amount like $7, 895 stemming from my some random $50 ticket back in 1999. Just then I get a text message from my friend Phil “Are you sure you need to rent a car? I can pick you up....” Yay!
So I’ve beaten the stars. (So far.) In Hotel now, going out with Phil & Co. tonight.
I read the Atlantic article on the plane about Mark Penn and the Clinton campaign and reversed my previous night’s reversal of opinion. Struck up a conversation with the passenger next to me -- a reporter from Finland. He asked me for my take on the convention. (I had a lot of Hillary theories.) I asked for his take on Russia and whether he likes his health care system. We made plans to hang out later if he has time and then he asked if he could quote me on all the Hillary-trash I talked. Not being a politician or a person of really any consequence, in Finland at least, I said sure!
So day one and already I might be famous in Finland. Stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment