Friday, August 29, 2008

I'm Not Going to Hate on Sarah Palin

So one of my republican friends (I only have like 3, so I'm sort of outing him) said:

"It's like McCain went and picked a hooters girl! Seriously? I'm supposed to vote for her?"

And I laughed and it's funny and I almost want to make it the title of this post.

But I kind of like her. She's smart, gutsy, beautiful, funny. She chose (operative word here is CHOICE) to have a baby with Down's Syndrome. She took on corruption. But most of all, I can't hate her because the strongest message I got out of this week was "You cannot be what you cannot see."

Words fail to describe what I saw last night. And it means the world to me that kids see a black man running for president. It also means a lot to me that kids see a woman running for president.

That said, she *is* running for president. McCain is old and senile and can't find his house. He will die in office and she will be president if they are elected.

I'm not going to hate on her this election but I certainly can't fathom why anyone would think she's ready to be president.

2 comments:

Garfield said...

She's a creationist!

instigal said...

which means we don't vote for her. but no need to hate her.