Tuesday, August 26, 2008

like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife

I'm not sure if it's irony or just unfortunate but I missed all of the speeches tonight except for Michelle's. Why?

Because I caught up with my old college buddy Mike whom I haven't seen in like 10 years. The last time we hung out we wandered around NYC sort of aimlessly without a plan saying snarky, sarcastic things to each other. We picked up exactly where we left off, wandering around Denver aimlessly. Because he's from NYC and thinks I plant tobacky on my back 40 and drink moonshine now, I resisted for the first couple of hours and tried to stay sweet and Carolinian and say things like "boy howdy!" and "shucks!" but it didn't last.

So why is this ironic? Well, Mike wrote a book.

Live from the Campaign Trail: The Greatest Presidential Campaign Speeches of the Twentieth Century and How They Shaped Modern America

That's right, I missed watching speeches because I was hanging out with my professional speech writer friend.

No comments: