So I got in but screwed up my seat because I can't keep numbers in my head. Instead of sitting at 120, with the super cool Maryland delegation, I sat in 316 with all sorts of random people. At first I regretted my error as I realized there was no chance anyone would see me on TV. But then I was psyched that I could stretch out and get the gestalt. It really did feel like Harry Potter.
It's so enormous and high and teeming with so many people, they start to almost seem like one big organism ensconced in twinkly lights. It was fun to watch the crowd chatter, then silence, then yell, then throb then scream etc. It's also hilarious how many people just flat out no longer pay any attention to what's going on and just stay glued to their crackberries. Must.....twitter.....CONSTANTLY.
After it ended I realized it would take forever to leave so I wandered around for a while to see what I could see. This huge, monstrous throng started rolling by like a storm. 10 video cameras deep, and 5 wide, it rolled and roared by and I waited and waited......just Bill Clinton in the eye of the storm. He looks really old! It was funny moment, since the exactly thing happened to me after he was elected in '92. There was a picture of me in the Washington Post caught in a similar throng.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment