I'm watching the TV re-plays and laughing.
So, I thought today would be health care day. I dressed for a rally in a park, but at the last minute got credentials to go to the Pepsi Center. (forget Prince William, I totally think this is a sign I will be Mrs. Clooney. I have learned to dream big)
After I got through security, we walked by a TV and heard that Missouri was voting. I *just* missed Maryland! drats!
The super cool head of the Maryland Obama campaign took pity on my cheap seats credentials and did this badge switch-aroo thing with security and smuggled me into the delegate section. I got there at the EXACT moment Hillary handed over her delegates.
GO HILLARY!!!!! I am so glad I was wrong. So glad. A women in our delegation was at the meeting today where she talked to her people and supposedly gave them a very straight talk about the importance of "not being stupid."
Big sigh of relief.
I got the skinny on the Maryland vote (which I missed). I heard bits and pieces of the story from different folks, so I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate.
They are supposed to fill out this official form. The state delegation guy was supposed to bring the official form. On his way over, he got pulled out for "extra" security. (He happens to be an exceptionally tall and hunky black man. Not sure if that influenced "extra" security or not.)
So it was time for them to submit their official vote and....no official paperwork....they quickly tore up a piece of paper and wrote down their votes. O'Hottie was concerned and really, really didn't want to have to say "pass." At the very last minute they got their act together and voted.
Sitting with the delegation was much cooler than the night before. They pass out signs like, every 10 minutes for you to wave at strategic moments. By the end of the night I was cracking up because in this, tiny, tiny space I had to sit in, I had, no joke, I had 8 signs and 2 American flags. That is a LOT of tchotchkes for a space smaller than what you have flying on coach on a discount airline. I was overflowing with political sentiment.
I have a strong inner cheerleader, so it was fun, but looking at the coverage, we do look like synchronized swimmers on crack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment