How Friendly Is It!!!
I was walking down the street, alone, with a homeless guy walking in front of me. I sneezed, he turned around and said "bless you" and kept walking.
I seriously have never been anywhere in the US as friendly as here. North Carolina is a pretty damn polite place, but Denver even beats us. Every single person --workers, volunteers, and just folks on the street-- have gone out of their way to be extra courteous. And spending a week around all the ego and entitlement that oozes out of a convention, I'm sure it isn't easy.
Three times the past two days I've mentioned this to people. A guy standing in the crazy Invesco line said "Thanks, that means a lot to me. I think we as a community try really hard." A waitress said "why would anyone not be? that just seems stupid not to always be polite." The hunky-hunky storm trooper said "well, it definitely has not been easy this week."
Phil and I concurred last night that even though Denver is so large and cosmopolitan the general vibe is like a small midwestern town.
Denver, you rock. I can't wait to come back and I could completely imagine moving here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment